Easy Chicken Souvlaki
We've tried lots of different types of flatbread, and I like naan the best in this recipe. It is pillowy soft and deliciously chewy. We usually cut the bread into quarters and eat these like open-faced sandwiches. Lightly adapted from Real Simple Magazine.
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 3-lb rotisserie chicken, all meat removed and shredded
- 1 hothouse cucumber, cut in half length-wise and sliced thin
- ½ sweet onion, sliced thin
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- plain Greek yogurt
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Add shredded chicken, cucumbers, onion, and dill. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Warm flatbread in the microwave for 15-30 seconds. Spoon chicken mixture onto flatbread, top with Greek yogurt, and serve.