This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Albertsons. All opinions are 100% mine.
These buttery oatmeal cookies are a delicious twist on an old favorite thanks to semisweet chocolate chips and milk chocolate english toffee bits!
I always get excited for holiday baking. We, of course, have a long list of Christmas cookies to make each year–peanut blossoms, shortbread, molasses crinkles, russian tea cakes, sugar cookies, and more. And I usually have at least a few special seasonal treats I want to try my hand at. Bûche de noël. Tamales. Pfeffernüsse. Lefse. I’m excited just thinking about them!
Before baking season begins, I like to stock up on everything we’ll need, from special ingredients like candy canes and chocolate candies to baking staples like flour and sugar. I got everything we need for this year at our local Albertsons store. We refilled some of our baking essentials with affordable, quality Signature SELECT™ products like baking soda, granulated sugar, and brown sugar, and Signature RESERVE™ semi-sweet chocolate chips.
We’re kicking off this year’s holiday baking with a new twist on an old favorite, Oatmeal Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies. I love buttery oatmeal cookies, especially with chocolate chips. Throw in some milk chocolate English toffee bits, and I’m in heaven! I think holiday cookie plates need all kinds of cookies on them–crunchy, soft, frosted, minty, chocolatey–and I love what these homey, comforting oatmeal cookies are going to bring to our cookie plates this year.
Oatmeal Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Signature SELECT Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Signature SELECT Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Signature SELECT Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup Signature RESERVE Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate english toffee bits
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 1 or 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, or spray them with nonstick spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars until fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix oats, flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture, and beat just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and toffee bits and mix until evenly distributed.
- Scoop into ping pong ball-sized blobs of dough, place 12 per baking sheet, and bake for 11 minutes. Allow to cool on the cookie sheets for 3-5 minutes, then put cookies on a cooling rack. Wait until the baking sheets are cool to scoop and bake the rest of the cookies.
Whatever you’re baking this holiday season, you can get all of your baking essentials at your local Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Randalls, Shaw’s Supermarket, Star Market, Tom Thumb and Vons. Safeway and Albertsons also offer Grocery Delivery and DriveUp & Go™ for convenient ways to shop.
For more holiday baking ideas, CLICK HERE and visit my archives.