Well, friends, we made it!! Welcome to Week 6 of the Spring 2019 One Room Challenge, where we finally get to see the big reveal on everyone’s room makeovers. In our case, we’ve spent the past 6 weeks tackling our tween daughter’s bedroom. We wanted to give her new furniture that fit in the room better and that looked a little more sophisticated. She needed a desk and some storage for books, art supplies, and other non-clothing items. We needed to clean the holy heck out of her room, and pull together lots of cute decor items we’ve gathered but never used. Without further ado, here are some pictures of her new and improved (although still not entirely complete) bedroom!
We got almost everything done that we wanted to on our girl’s bedroom makeover. We cleaned it a lot, although there’s still so much decluttering we could do. We got rid of all the old furniture (except for that darling, vintage bed), and got her a new dresser, a nightstand/occasional table, a desk, and two bookcases. We moved the bed from the corner of the room to the center of the wall, something our daughter had been asking us to do for a long time. I don’t love it there, but that’s OK. We hung up a pair of cool, magnetic bulletin boards that we’ve had for years and never used, and some cute stuffed animal busts she got for Christmas a few years ago that were sitting in her closet. We bought a really comfy armchair for a reading corner, and picked out some cute artwork to hang on the walls. We also picked out some new bedding and throw pillows. All sources are linked at the bottom of this post.
Now, the room is not 100% complete. One more week on this project would have done the trick nicely! There were just a few things that I left until the last minute that we ended up having to switch out. I found a floor lamp for the reading corner online and thought I’d grab it from Target in person, only to realize on Tuesday that it was out of stock in our store. So that will be arriving on Friday. I also ordered 4 darling framed prints from Minted, but I decided to get the 5×7″ prints instead of the 8×10″ and regretted it the second they arrived in the mail. They are just too small for the space and look silly. Minted customer service was awesome and is replacing the small pics with bigger ones, but they won’t be here until next week. And there are a few digital prints that I ordered that I just didn’t have time to get printed, framed, and hung. I’ll update photos as all of those changes happen.
Huge thanks to the One Room Challenge and Better Homes & Gardens for putting such a fun event together once again. We can now cross another bedroom makeover off our ever-long to-do list. Be sure to check out all of the amazing featured designers’ room reveals and the guest particiapants’ room reveals as well. And you can see before pictures and visit my other One Room Challenge posts HERE.
**This post contains affiliate links. You can read more about them on our policies page.**
- pink table lamp: Montreal Wren Large Lamp by Project 62 | Target
- white shade: Threshold White Tall Mod Drum Replacement Shade | Target
- mirror: Segovia Whitewashed Mirror | World Market
- dresser: Sauder Cottage Road Dresser in Soft White | Amazon
- stuffed animal busts: Rabbit no longer available, Pillowfort Flamingo Head Wall Decor, Pillowfort Unicorn Head Wall Decor | Target
- sheets: Opalhouse Printed Cotton Percale Sheet Set in Indigo | Target
- quilt and shams: Makers Collective Mayflower Blush Quilt Set | Amazon
- tiger throw pillow: Embroidered Tiger Jungle Pillow | Pier 1
- arm chair: Natural Tufted Barrel Chair | Pier 1
- pink bunny pillow: Rabbit Faux Fur Throw Pillow | Target
- pom pom pillow: Embroidered Dots Pillow with Poms and Tassels | Pier 1
- nightstand: Sauder Cottage Road Night Stand | Amazon
- framed prints: “Feel so Fine” by Sarina Diakos, “Baby Panda” by Cass Loh, “Baby Elephant” by Cass Loh (sand color way), “Toucans” by Kanika Mathur (sunshine color way); all framed with Whitewashed French Farmhouse frames | Minted
- bookcases: Sauder Cottage Road Library with Doors | Amazon
- desk: Sauder Cottage Road Desk | Amazon
- desk chair: White Molded Evie Chair | World Market
- magnetic bulletin boards: Magnetic Pin Boards in White | Chart a la Carte
- pink desk lamp: Pillowfort Task Table Lamp | Target
- magazines: Bravery Magazine