I’m knee-deep in writing my second book (!!!), but I have a delicious and easy weeknight dinner to share with you guys and it’s too good to keep to myself. Sheet pan dinners are super popular right now because they are a breeze to make and keep the dirty dishes to a minimum. This recipe combines thin-sliced chicken breasts and tender spring asparagus with delicious spices and loads of parmesan cheese. It’s a hit with the whole family!
I am constantly on the lookout for easy weeknight dinners to make for my family, and when I find a new one, I just have to share it! Our new go-to dinner for busy school nights is this easy Sheet Pan Chicken and Asparagus. What do I love about it? 1) It’s delicious! Juicy chicken breasts covered in a crispy, parmesan cheese/breadcrumb coating, paired with fresh spring asparagus. Yum! 2) It’s quick and easy! Thanks to Draper Valley Farms® RANGER The Free Range Chicken® Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, the whole dinner is ready in less than 30 minutes. 3) It gets minimal dishes dirty! That’s the beauty of sheet pan dinners, right? Everything just gets tossed onto one baking sheet. Other than a few small mixing bowls and some measuring spoons, this is the only dish that’ll get dirty during dinner prep.
Draper Valley Farms® RANGER® and ROXY™ products are our go-to chicken products. They’re free-range, 100% vegetarian fed, and locally raised and processed in the Pacific Northwest. And they have a great variety of both boneless and bone-in chicken products. The thin sliced boneless skinless breasts are perfect for this dinner because they can cook at the same temperature and for the same amount of time as the asparagus, making dinner prep super easy.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 packages Ranger® Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 1/4 cups shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 bundles fresh asparagus, washed and trimmed
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray a baking sheet lightly with nonstick baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine spices; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine dijon mustard and mayonnaise; set aside.
- Pat the chicken dry on both sides, and season both sides of the chicken with kosher salt, black pepper, and half of the spice mixture. Place the chicken breasts on one side of the baking sheet.
- Brush the top side only of each chicken breast with the mustard/mayo mixture.
- Add the panko bread crumbs and 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese with the remaining spice mixture. Add about 1 Tablespoon olive oil, and mix gently. Pat the mixture on top of the chicken breasts, covering as much surface area as possible.
- Add the asparagus spears to the baking pan, drizzle with olive oil and season with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Roast the chicken and asparagus for 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is golden and cooked through. If you have an oven-safe thermometer, the temperature of the chicken should be 170°F when fully cooked. Remove the pan from the oven, sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup parmesan cheese over the asparagus, and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 266Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 919mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 16g