This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Smithfield® Fresh Pork. The opinions and text are all mine.
With spring in full swing and summer not far behind, we are switching from cozy, cold weather dinners to fresh, fast, flavorful meals that are perfect for the warm weather and sunshine. One of our favorite ways to cook dinner during the warm months is on the grill. Grilling doesn’t heat up the kitchen, there are usually fewer dirty dishes to deal with afterward, and the food tastes delicious. We love using Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork on the grill because it is flavorful and fast, so it’s great for both casual weekend get-togethers and quick weeknight dinners with the family. They have so many delicious products to choose from, like Slow Smoked Mesquite and Roasted Garlic & Herb Tenderloins, and we like all of them.
One of our recent favorites is these tropical teriyaki skewers with fresh pineapple, sweet peppers and onions, and Smithfield Sweet Teriyaki Marinated Fresh Pork Tenderloin. They are amazing, and so easy to prepare. The pork is already marinated, so all you have to do is cut it into bite-sized pieces, and if you buy pre-cut fresh pineapple chunks and sweet mini peppers, it makes prep work even easier. Once everything is chopped, thread alternating pieces onto skewers, and you’re ready to head out to the grill. These skewers are easy enough for regular weeknight family dinners, but they look so impressive that they’d be great for fancier weekend dinners with friends too. Either way, dinner is on the table in under an hour!
- 1 Smithfield Sweet Teriyaki Marinated Fresh Pork Tenderloin
- 1 small sweet onion
- 1 golden pineapple
- about 8 sweet mini peppers
- olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- your favorite teriyaki sauce
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Italian parsley or the green parts of scallions for garnish
- Slice the marinated pork tenderloin into 8 slices, then cut each slice into quarters.
- Chop the onion, pineapple, and mini peppers into bite-sized pieces
- Thread the pieces of pork, pepper, pineapple, and onion onto skewers, alternating pieces of each. Don't put the pineapple and the pork next to each other. You should be able to get 3 or 4 rounds of everything on a single skewer before running out of room. Set each skewer on a clean baking sheet as you finish it.
- Lightly brush the finished skewers all over with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat, between 300 and 350°F.
- Place the teriyaki skewers on the grill, close the lid, and grill for 10-12 minutes. Flip the skewers over, close the lid, and grill for another 10-12 minutes until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 160°F.
- Brush the skewers with prepared teriyaki sauce, continue grilling for 1-2 minutes until the teriyaki sauce is heated through, then place the skewers on a clean serving tray.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped Italian parsley or green onions, and serve immediately.
Put these easy and flavorful Tropical Teriyaki Skewers on the menu this week, and you’ll have a new favorite dinner the whole family with love! You can pick up your favorite Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork product in the meat department of your local Albertsons or Safeway. For more great grilling recipes and inspiration, visit http://www.smithfieldgetgrilling.com.